Monday, March 3, 2014

A new page in the Heritage Album

Started working through the Family Album I created in paper 15 years ago and updating it digitally.

These are my great, great grandparents, William & Sarah Findley.



When I saw this photo frame on Crafty Secrets, I knew it would be perfect for our vintage portraits. As a child I remember looking at these pictures in a very old and fragile thick paged album. This page has that feel. Here's the link to take you to this digital file: digital vintage photo frame. The frame comes with four picture slots. One file has ovals and the other the rounded top you see here.

I enlarged this one to a 12x12 and "erased" the two lower pictures, added the names, obituaries and frames. After adding back the shading on the side, I realized that the center column of botanicals fit back in also.

Thanks Crafty Secrets, this has inspired & motivated me to work on my heritage album project.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia, I so love how pretty your frame turned out using one of our printable photo frames and how you made it into a 12 x 12 page. Great Job! Thanks for sharing and entering our March Linky Party.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alicia, your photos look great in those frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is wonderful. You have inspired me to take some pictures of my grandparents out of their disintegrating frames and remount them in the new Crafty Secret frames. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at the March Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW this is just beautiful! You are right ... this frame is just perfect for your beautiful images in your heritage album. How wonderful to 'look back' ... sure makes ya appreciate what we have available to us today doesn't it! You are doing a fabulous job and I'm sure it will be treasured for years to come! Thanks so much for playing along in our March Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

    Darlene
    Crafty Secrets DT
    CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
    CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete